Ahhh the smell of pumpkin spice, the feel of cool breezes, and wrapping up in cozy clothes that hide the upcoming months of comfort food....SCREECH THOSE TIRES AND PUMP THOSE BREAKS! While the first day of fall might be upon us September 22nd, there is NO need to change or slow down your fitness goals especially considering the fall/winter months are when the average person gains 10 pounds. Don't be a statistic!
As with any season in our life, health and fitness must be a top priority in our life! So, here are 5 quick, easy tips to ensure your continued success, three 20-minute workouts you can do anywhere with just dumbbells AND 3 high intensity 20-minute cardio workouts you can do to cut the cut the belly/booty fat bulge.
1. Meal prep (failure to prepare is preparing to fail)
2. Set your alarm/timer to go off every 3 hours to remind you to eat and drink
3. Start your day with a gallon jug and pour 25 oz with each meal
4. Yes life is crazy in the fall: ball, soccer, running like a mad person...BUT as with all things you MUST plan/prepare. On Sunday afternoon set aside 10 minutes to organize your outfits for the week so you wont waste precious time in the mornings when you should be eating breakfast and rushing out the door with the kids.
5. REST. That's easier said than done but ultimately all the eating and drinking and working out won't be anywhere near as effective unless you let your body get the recovery it needs to repair the muscle tissue and central nervous system breakdown that happens while you are working on your fitness!
Try these workouts to keep!
Monday: Chest and Back- 4 sets 15 reps
Inverted Row/Pull (Use a table or counter top-something that won't flip-home bloopers)
DB Chest Press
DB Lat Pullover
DB Chest Fly (Inline if you can make that happen or flat on the ground if you can't)
DB Bent Over Fly
30 sec plank
Single leg jumps 30 seconds each leg for calf fitness
40 seconds of work and 20 seconds of rest
Heart rate should be at your max while working and then drop fast while you recover
You can do things like Sprints, Burpees, Jumping Jacks, Running in Place, etc
Wednesday: Legs 4 sets 15 reps
DB Steps Ups
DB Split Squats
Flat on your Back Hip Thrusts